Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Twas the week before Christmas


Twas the week before Christmas and the Denman house was full of friends, laughter and unknown to us a Christmas miracle. After nine count them NINE negative pregnancy tests I had come to terms with my second failed medical cycle. I reluctantly wrote my last blog post and went about my day.

Starving Nikki, Dennis and I voted on Mexican food before shipping Dennis off at 3am the next morning. I went into my bathroom to get ready and something caught my eye. There sitting at the top of my bathroom trash can was the faintest positive pregnancy test. Positive I'd lost my mind I screamed for them both to come in the room. And sure enough I wasn't crazy they saw it too!

Very anxious we all sat down to lunch at my favorite Mexican place. We stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home to grab a First Response (the original was a cheep 88 cent one from walmart, I've since learned brand does make a difference! Or it did in my case at least!) and I set my mind to holding my pee for four hours.
During their visit Taylor spent alot of time at work and he happened to miss this whole ordeal. So when he came home that evening and hopped in the shower the four hour mark hit. Nikki and I closed ourselves in the tiny guest bathroom and I took the test and slowly we watched it turn from a blank white test into an incredibly dark positive. We both screamed and burst into tears.
I paced and paced outside of the master bathroom hollering to Taylor that dinner was done.

Finally he walked into the living room and the three of us anxiously sat on the couch while Nikki held my phone in her lap on record. I stood up and said "We bought you something today for working so hard, we felt so bad you couldn't spend time with us". In the gift bag I gave him was the shirt I bought him over a year ago (pictured below) that says "This guys going to be a daddy!" He dropped the shirt and stared at me in disbelief "For real? No like for real!?" Hugs and kisses and tears! Followed by celebratory stuffed shells for dinner.

Since then two blood tests have confirmed the pregnancy and also confirmed that things are moving along perfectly! Our first ultrasound is scheduled for the 6th of January and we can not wait to get our eyes on our tiny speck on the small screen! I will remain on a couple baby safe precautionary medications to assure that things move along perfectly and to help prevent gestational diabetes no one wants that. Bonus side effect to my progesterone medication, I'm bloated and I'm looking slightly pregnant sooner!

It truly was the perfect way to end a perfect week. Surrounded by some of my favorite people, celebrating our very own Christmas Miracle. Baby Denman we've been waiting for you for a long time and we are so anxious to meet you in August!

Thank you for supporting us through our Journey with infertility! I plan to start a new series in the #teambabyDenman blog about phase two of our journey. We could've not been this strong without all of the love and prayers!

Here's a peek into the last few days, it's been wonderful! 




1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! I can't wait to see your first sonogram!!! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete